Abuse Desks

Matt Corallo nanog at as397444.net
Thu Apr 30 01:09:51 UTC 2020

Good thing I care, but that's missing the point here - the volume of abuse requests makes the entire abuse system
unworkable. Not for me so much, I can deal with the volume (a few obnoxious individuals aside), but AWS/OVH/Hertzner
appear to have decided they cannot, and that means I can't contact them if there's something more serious going on.

I highly doubt so many folks "don't care" about potentially compromised hosts, in fact I know for sure several of them
have deployed a number of full-time staff to build solutions to monitor for such things. The fact that those solutions
often don't involve their abuse system should tell us something.

Matt