Abuse Desks

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Wed Apr 29 23:00:31 UTC 2020

On Wed, Apr 29, 2020 at 3:36 PM Matt Corallo <nanog at as397444.net> wrote:
> I do, in this case, have such a right, because I know exactly what is going on in my network,

Hi Matt,

If someone in your address space is knock-knocking on a stranger's ssh
ports (your example, not mine), you have some work to do convincing me
of your supreme security.

Don't get me wrong: I've felt the pain of the auto-generated spam
complaint that scrubbed exactly the headers I need to figure out what
happened. But if you're round-filing complaints solely because they
were generated by a program, you're doing it really wrong.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--
William Herrin