mail admins?

Michael Thomas mike at mtcc.com
Sat Apr 25 00:16:28 UTC 2020

On 4/24/20 5:01 PM, Bryan Holloway wrote:
> On 4/24/20 4:58 PM, Michael Thomas wrote:

>>> Whilst I do *absolutely* agree with you that "A Configuration
>>> Profile Schema
>>> for Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP)-Based Agents" is
>>> "not about
>>> phishing, not even a little bit", I'm not entirely sure how it
>>> advances your
>>> argument.
>>
>> sorry, 7486.
>>
>> Mike
>>

> Shall we play a game?
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mastermind_(board_game)

The point is that shared passwords over the net have nothing to do with
phishing per se, and everything to do with if I get one of your
passwords, i get them all. phishing is one way to do that. but there are
plenty of other ways too. gross incompetence as was the case of LinkedIn
was my impetus hacking up a pre-webauthn which Steven and Paul happened
to see which caused us to write our experimental RFC. We weren't think
about phishing at all, or at least I wasn't.

Here's what i wrote about it in 2012.

https://rip-van-webble.blogspot.com/2012/06/using-asymmetric-keys-for-web-joinlogin.html

Mike