Best way to get foreign ISPs to shut down DDoS reflectors?

Ca By cb.list6 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 22:25:25 UTC 2020

On Thu, Apr 23, 2020 at 3:14 PM Compton, Rich A <Rich.Compton at charter.com>
wrote:

> Good luck with that.  😊  As Damian Menscher has presented at NANOG, even
> if we do an amazing job and shut down 99% of all DDoS reflectors, there
> will still be enough bandwidth to generate terabit size attacks.
> https://stats.cybergreen.net
>
> I think we need to instead collectively focus on stopping the spoofed
> traffic that allows these attacks to be generated in the first place.
>
> -Rich

The bcp38 religion has failed to deliver the promised land for 20 years.

1 spoofer is all you need to trigger all the reflectors.

I do bcp38, i encourage others to as well, but i do not plan on it
unclogging the pipes in my lifetime.

You will get more miles from ACL dropping and policing known bad traffic
(most of udp)