FlowSpec

Denys Fedoryshchenko nuclearcat at nuclearcat.com
Thu Apr 23 15:57:54 UTC 2020

On 2020-04-23 18:13, Colton Conor wrote:
> Do any of the large transit providers support FlowSpec to transit
> customers / other carriers, or is that not a thing since they want to
> sell DDoS protection services? FlowSpec sounds much better than RTBH
> (remotely triggered blackhole), but I am not sure if  FlowSpec is
> widely implemented. I see the large router manufacturers support it.

RETN

They have extended blackholing, and FlowSpec, sure its all have costs.
I'm using both services from them and quite satisfied.

In general operators don't like flowspec, because it is not easy to
implement it right,
there is bugs and most important its "eating" TCAM.
For example:
https://blog.cloudflare.com/todays-outage-post-mortem-82515/