mail admins?

Rich Kulawiec rsk at gsp.org
Thu Apr 23 08:33:33 UTC 2020

[ Bunch of replies to messages in thread bundled here. ]

On Tue, Apr 21, 2020 at 06:28:48PM -0400, Bryan Fields wrote:
> It's a mailman list, so nanog-owner at nanog.org should work.  If not reach out
> to the communications committee.

All mailing lists should support that, regardless of what's running them.
Mailman, thankfully, makes it easy for configuring it by default.

Other topics:

- I've received erroneous bounces from @email.uscc.net as well.
It should be possible to track down the culprit via Mailman's logs
and the MTA's logs.

- There is zero point in obfuscating email addresses in archives or
anywhere else on the 'net.  None.  There hasn't been any point for
most of twenty years. It's cargo cult "privacy" and that capability
should be excised from Mailman's source code, because its presence
unfortunately encourages people to indulge in a worst practice.

- I also volunteered (in 2018? not sure, need coffee) to help out
with -owner technical issues, but never heard anything back.

- One of the queries that I've sent but not had an answer to is
whether the entire archives are available in "mbox" format.  (Including
the older ones.)  If they are, then it should be pretty easy to fold
the old pre-Mailman archives into the current with-Mailman archives.

---rsk