"Is BGP safe yet?" test

Baldur Norddahl baldur.norddahl at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 22:13:39 UTC 2020

On Mon, Apr 20, 2020 at 5:08 PM Andrey Kostin <ankost at podolsk.ru> wrote:

> Hi Nanog list,
>
> Would be interesting to hear your opinion on this:
> https://isbgpsafeyet.com/

It did push me to implement RPKI filtering. Turned out to be quite easy.
Took me all of 1-2 hours to do. Just went straight to dropping invalids and
tested on one transit and one IX routing server. When that did look just
fine, I could proceed with the remaining sessions.

As a bonus at least one of our transits now also implements RPKI filtering.
That greatly increases the chance that we will retain a valid route during
a prefix hijack attempt.

Regards,

Baldur