"Is BGP safe yet?" test

Andrey Kostin ankost at podolsk.ru
Mon Apr 20 17:01:24 UTC 2020

Thank you Mark, Tom and Chris for your responses that confirmed my
"mixed feelings" about this tool.
As a side note, I mentioned from https://bgp.he.net/AS13335#_prefixes
that AS13335 advertises a bunch or prefixes without RoA and even one
invalid prefix, although I don't see it (only invalid one) from other
sources. So it looks like an attempt to jump ahead and announce
competitive leadership using marketing rather than technology. So for
myself with your help I'd qualify it as aggressive push from technical
PoV and offensive from marketing PoV. The former definitely has some
positive effect which however could or could not be outweighted by the
latter.

Kind regards,
Andrey