BIRD / BGP-ORR experiences?

Deepak Jain deepak at ai.net
Thu Apr 16 21:00:00 UTC 2020

On 15/Apr/20 17:59, Deepak Jain wrote:

> Thanks for your input. How do you handle next-hops? Tunnels between all eBGP speakers as if they were fully meshed as their potential next-hops?

I should imagine NEXT_HOP=self still works in an ORR world, non :-)?

--------

The question resolves around if the external borders are not physically connected to each other, the next-hop won't matter once it hits the next router... without a tunnel or TE or similar, as far as I know, the packet destination is not overwritten, so there is the potential for IGP loops without a mechanism for consistency.

Deepak