Route aggregation w/o AS-Sets

Deepak Jain deepak at ai.net
Wed Apr 15 15:54:24 UTC 2020

From: NANOG <nanog-bounces at nanog.org> On Behalf Of Lars Prehn
Sent: Tuesday, April 14, 2020 3:02 PM
To: Christopher Morrow <morrowc.lists at gmail.com>
Cc: nanog list <nanog at nanog.org>
Subject: Re: Route aggregation w/o AS-Sets

Thanks for all the answers! I think I have one more detail I'd like to know.

Lets say you own X/22. You have delegated X/23 to your customer, keeping the other /23 for yourself. For some reason, your customer also owns and announced (to you) all remaining IPs necessary to complete X/21.

Do you announce the aggregate X/21 (including addresses not associated with you), the aggregate X/22 (only address belonging to you), or the more specific route X/23 (including only addresses delegated from you to your customer)?

Maybe I’m misreading this, but does the customer have LOA for the /21 aggregate?

Thanks,

Deepak