attribution

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 01:50:48 UTC 2020

On Mon, Apr 13, 2020 at 7:38 PM Brandon Martin <lists.nanog at monmotha.net> wrote:

> On 4/13/20 4:31 PM, Randy Bush wrote:
> > it seems a lot of folk think prepending acrually works.
>
> I mean, there's prepending and then there's prepending 50+ times...  Has
> the latter EVER been useful in any way, shape, or form?

for ~4 yrs or so there's been possible problems with as-paths longer
than ~50 (I think, i can't recall the exact vendor bug)
so, folk should have already been denying announcements with longer
than ~soemthing-like-45 asn in the path.. right? :)

(yes, any prepend past ~10 is arguably not worth the time)