Practical guide to predicting latency effects?

Eric Tykwinski eric-list at truenet.com
Wed Apr 8 22:45:48 UTC 2020

The only informal paper I remember is Stuart Cheshire’s It’s the latency, stupid…
http://www.stuartcheshire.org/rants/Latency.html <http://www.stuartcheshire.org/rants/Latency.html>

Given it’s from the dialup days, but latency is still the same just a lot lower.

I would thing I would recommend now is checking out SRE docs as well for application latency it's not network related, but does affect performance.
https://landing.google.com/sre/sre-book/toc/ <https://landing.google.com/sre/sre-book/toc/>

Sincerely,

Eric Tykwinski
TrueNet, Inc.