Command and Control Centres | COVID-19

Jeff Shultz jeffshultz at sctcweb.com
Mon Apr 6 15:27:26 UTC 2020

On Mon, Apr 6, 2020 at 7:53 AM Scott E. MacKenzie <semackenzie at gmail.com> wrote:

> All,
>
> This question has arisen and I was wondering if I could request some
> feedback from the community.  We operate a 24x7x365 Command and
> Control Centre that provides mission critical services (Security
> Operations, Network Operations, and Enterprise Management) as does
> many on this list.
>
> How many on the list have sent all personnel home using work from home
> practices and home many have opted to run skeleton crews while
> implementing tight social distancing restrictions?  How many are
> operating status quo?
>
> We are trying to find a balanced position and I was wondering what is
> the communities position on this topic?
>

> Scott

We're tiny - only a 3 person shop. But so far it's been the two
workerbees rotating between home (we have VOIP phones and VPN access)
and the office, and the boss is in or out on his own call. And we all
have boxes of gloves.

One of the workerbees does the majority of fiber hanging, and he'll
come in in the morning to do the day's worth of that if needed when
he's on his "home" week.

It's been working so far.

--
Jeff Shultz

--
Like us on Social Media for News, Promotions, and other information!!

<https://www.facebook.com/SCTCWEB/>
<https://www.instagram.com/sctc_503/>
<https://www.yelp.com/biz/sctc-stayton-3>
<https://www.youtube.com/c/sctcvideos>

_**** This message
contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual
named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate,
distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by
e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail
from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or
error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed,
arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does
not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this
message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. ****_