IS-IS on FRR - Is Anyone Running It?

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Mon Apr 6 08:18:07 UTC 2020

On Mon, 6 Apr 2020 at 11:01, Radu-Adrian Feurdean
<nanog at radu-adrian.feurdean.net> wrote:

> Ethernet cannot signal MTU. But if you have equipment at both sides of a P2P link, you don't need any signalling. You check the MTU suits your needs and put it in statically. Same for NNIs : the MTU is signalled in a document called "contract" or "agreement". And no, the guy that is being woken up at 3am for an issue, if he/she doesn't know that we run Jumbo, then he/she should start updating the CV.

You might want to have read the message and have a basic understanding
of ISIS before posting. ISIS is not ethernetII, ISIS is 802.3, which
in fact does signal packet size, and cannot signal larger than 1500B.
And to your original question, no, nothing in Mark's ISIS network is
above 1500, for the same reason.

--
  ++ytti