South Africa On Lockdown - Coronavirus - Update!

Matthew Petach mpetach at netflight.com
Wed Apr 1 07:46:52 UTC 2020

On Tue, Mar 24, 2020 at 10:01 AM Randy Bush <randy at psg.com> wrote:

> > He's a network operator. From North America, on the North American
> Network
> > Operators mailing list. Something you are not, so please stop spouting
> your
> > drivel on a list that has nothing to do with you.
>
> this is not how we should act in under pressure

Returning late to the fray, so apologies for the thread necromancy

if ever there was a time I wished I could upvote messages on NANOG,
this would be it!  ^_^;

Thank you, Randy, and also to you, Beecher, for calling out the
need for us to be especially mindful of the need to be
liberal in what we accept, and conservative in what we send
during these highly stressful and trying times.

As someone who has been part of the community since the
comm-priv days, I would recommend that "Paul Wall" might
want to think carefully about calling on the moderators to take action.
Would you want to risk them subjecting your activity on the list
to the same scrutiny, and hold you to the same standard?

Stay safe, stay sane, stay healthy,

...and stay home, everybody!   ^_^

Matt