Cisco Metro Ethernet Switching

Erik Sundberg ESundberg at nitelusa.com
Mon Sep 30 19:25:20 UTC 2019

You can get ASR920's with only a layer 2 license, or you can opt for the advanced L3 license to BGP\MPLS, this would enable EoMPLS  Tunnels.

The NCS520 is designed only to be a NID, there are a lot of limitations on this device. You need to read the configuration guide to see the limitations.  I have one on my desk.

The NCS540 is the next model up from the ASR920.

I think ASR924 is the way to go.

Erik