Colombia Network Operators Group

Mike Meredith mike.meredith at port.ac.uk
Wed Sep 25 14:15:14 UTC 2019

On Mon, 23 Sep 2019 14:06:36 -0700, "Scott Weeks" <surfer at mauigateway.com>
may have written:
> >the Cisco Umbrella security researchers."
>
> Fascinating.  What is the security threat I wonder, that there is no
> JavaScript?

Security threats aren't limited to JavaScript. It could be an entirely
static site which is still worth blocking (see phishing).

Or it's possible that the registration is new enough that it's blocked just
for that reason - although at a month old, it should be beyond that window.
Or the site hasn't been categorised ("unknown") which is enough to block
for an especially Evil Firewall Admin[0].

0: I may be an Evil Firewall Admin, but I'm not an especially EFA.

--
Mike Meredith, University of Portsmouth
Hostmaster, Security, and Chief Systems Engineer