Cogent sales reps who actually respond

Darin Steffl darin.steffl at mnwifi.com
Sun Sep 22 13:02:27 UTC 2019

It may be unethical to pull emails from ARIN listings but their sales guys
have a job to do and quotas to meet.

Don't get mad at the sales reps, maybe think a little higher up the food
chain. Each rep I've had has been very fair and respectful. If I don't need
anything new, I tell them to followup with me in 6 months and they do. At
most they send me a 2 sentence email to see if I need anything. That's
something a good rep should do to make sure they're always in the back of
your mind and easy to reach.

Also, just because you don't like their sales process doesn't mean their
network is bad. We've had them for 3 years and never had a single outage.
The very few times we did call them for routing questions, they picked up
the phone immediately and knew what to do.

That already makes them better than some companies that cost 5 times as
much. At cogent pricing, you should receive the worst support but it's damn
good right along with HE support. Both are the most affordable transit
providers but offer the best support. The more expensive guys should get
their crap together.