Elad Cohen (was: Re: Cogent sales reps who actually respond)

niels=nanog at bakker.net niels=nanog at bakker.net
Thu Sep 19 08:46:49 UTC 2019

* rfg at tristatelogic.com (Ronald F. Guilmette) [Thu 19 Sep 2019, 10:05 CEST]:
>I never like to generalize to entire populations, and I will
>therefore refrain from suggesting any endemic or widespread defect
>in the Dutch national psyche, but I cannot help but note that, as
>pointed out in the MyBroadband.co.za news report, a gentleman named
>Maikel Uerlings, who is also Dutch, and who presently appears to be
>notably absent from the Netherlands, perhaps due to certain
>less-than-friendly legal entanglements, is also, it appears,
>intimately connected to Mr. Cohen and to his business, such as it
>is.  It would be entirely improper for me to say or even to suggest
>that the Dutch are any more inclined toward cybercrime, or toward
>looking the other way while it takes place, than anyone else.  I
>will instead only paraphrase William Shakespeare and say that there
>is something rotten in the Netherlands, and that whatever it is, it
>ain't doing their national reputation any good at all.

Couching your racism in some faux plausible deniability by using
phrases such as "It would be entirely improper of me to" or "I will
refrain from [making a certain racist suggestion]" and then immediately
making that racist suggestion, doesn't make your remarks not racist.
Nor can you hide behind the classics.

Racism has no place in this community and you would do well to refrain
from posting any more such remarks.

	-- Niels.