Elad Cohen (was: Re: Cogent sales reps who actually respond)

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 01:57:54 UTC 2019

I tried to ask this earlier, I think, but...

"who cares about the sale?"

I ask this because I think getting wrapped around that axle is the
wrong place to spend resources.
If the outcome of 'someone' controlling IP space is that there is
abusive activity coming from that space and either no actions are
taken to correct that, OR the problem is endemic and there is no
change over time, then the action the community should take is not
accepting routes to these prefixes. Once everyone (or enough
everyones) stop accepting packets/paths the address space isn't
important anymore.

If the 'rightful owners' of the space need/want it back there's clear
redress for them via their RIR and the various networks which are /
were offering transit to these prefixes.

-chris