Cogent sales reps who actually respond

Patrick W. Gilmore patrick at ianai.net
Wed Sep 18 02:55:36 UTC 2019

On Sep 17, 2019, at 9:46 PM, Christopher Morrow <morrowc.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 17, 2019 at 6:46 PM Martijn Schmidt via NANOG
> <nanog at nanog.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Elad,
>>
>> Is this policy officially documented by AFRINIC somewhere? Can you make route objects for legacy AFRINIC resources in their RIR operated IRRDB as a fallback for RPKI?
>>
>> Best regards,

I do not believe so.

AFRINIC has no inter-RIR transfer policy. I do not believe the fact it is legacy space matters, AFRINIC won’t let you move it out, and RIPE wouldn’t let you bring it in anyway - AFAIK.

They are the only RIR that does not have an inter-RIR policy. Well, LACNIC just voted one in, but it is not implemented - yet.

--
TTFN,
patrick