Consistent routing policy?

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Tue Sep 17 11:43:37 UTC 2019

On 16/Sep/19 21:55, Töma Gavrichenkov wrote:

> The point is that you must expect inbound traffic to any prefix you
> advertise to the outside world, even a more specific announcement is
> also being advertised.  There are legitimate circumstances where an
> ISP would prefer the super-block.

It's not about the business reasons for wanting it, it's about what the
router does if it's presented with the options.

Like I said before, you can do things to your network to prevent your
router from installing a longer prefix. But if you do not, the longer
prefix will always be installed and used, first.

Mark.