Cogent sales reps who actually respond

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Tue Sep 17 00:21:36 UTC 2019

> On Sep 16, 2019, at 16:21 , Mike Lyon <mike.lyon at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The argument has been listed numerous times so i didn’t want to bore people:
>
> 1. Sprint peering battle. Google it

Amusingly in this particular case, I’d say SPRINT started it as SPRINT was the original
"we’re too arrogant to peer with you, buy from us” company.

> 2. He.net peering battle. Google it.
> 3. Google IPv6 peering battle. Google it.
>
> All of which point to them being pompous assholes.

You left out (as I mentioned earlier) persistent abuse and violation of ARIN WHOIS TOS/AUP.

> They also run their links hot which create latency for anything flowing through it.

They seem to have been doing a little bit less of this lately, though…

They are extremely slow to add capacity to existing PNIs when they start to congest.

Owen