Consistent routing policy?

Martijn Schmidt martijnschmidt at i3d.net
Mon Sep 16 14:24:02 UTC 2019

Hi Ben,

Prefix deaggregation and inconsistent announcements might work fine in
the US where all paths are mostly of equal quality, but is the bane of
my existence when it happens in regions like the Middle East or Africa
where one transit used by a target ISP might be connected locally and
the other connected in Europe. If you want to steer traffic you may be
better off using BGP action communities, I'll leave you with this
excellent presentation from RAS to provide some background on what might
be achieved with that:

https://archive.nanog.org/meetings/nanog40/presentations/BGPcommunities.pdf

Best regards,
Martijn