Mx204 alternative

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Mon Sep 2 18:05:49 UTC 2019

On Mon, 2 Sep 2019 at 20:51, <adamv0025 at netconsultings.com> wrote:

> Judging from mpc7 with hyper-mode I'm sceptical, but as always subject to test results.

We saw 25% pps advantage with hyper-mode on MX10k (which supposedly is
same as high-performance-mode). New linecards will be
high-performance-mode out-of-box. I think this sort of microcode
cleanup periodically makes sense, if you have long enough story on
hardware capable of running same microcode. Usually you have to start
hardware from scratch which forces the same, rewriting the forwarding
plane code and paying some technology debts.

--
  ++ytti