Multihomed route visibility

Boyle, Patrick PBoyle at mt.gov
Thu Oct 31 19:12:09 UTC 2019

We are advertising the same prefix to ISP A & ISP B. When looking at various route servers across the world, I always see the path through ISP A in the BGP table, but most don't show a path at all through ISP B (some do, like Oregon IX). I would expect any router with the full table to show both routes. Is this a consequence of how the route servers are peered up? Are they only displaying the preferred path? ISP Issue? Am I missing something?

Any help would be appreciated.

Patrick Boyle Data Center Architect / Engineer
Network Solutions Architecture and Engineering Section | Network Technology Services Bureau
SITSD/Montana Department of Administration
406.444.2549 (D)

SERVICE FIRST!

Submit an Incident<https://montana.service-now.com/sp/?id=sc_category&sys_id=e15706fc0a0a0aa7007fc21e1ab70c2f> | Search our Knowledge Base<https://montana.service-now.com/sp/?id=kb_view2> | Request a Service<https://montana.service-now.com/sp/?id=sc_home>