fuzzy subnet aggregation

Joe Maimon jmaimon at jmaimon.com
Mon Oct 28 03:57:23 UTC 2019

So I went back to the drawing board, and I think I have something that
seems to work much better.

- convert input prefixes to single ip expressed as integer
- sort -n | uniq
- into a temporary list file

begin

read sequentially until maxhosts (or minhosts) or next subnet

If matched enough single addresses, output subnet (and missing hosts
without early loop termination)

delete all subnet addresses read

loop

Total process time on a vm on old hardware, less than 2m for a 5500 line
input. Now to verify results, positive and negative....

Results are still raw, but anyone who wishes is welcome to it.

Joe