IPv4 and Auctions

Michel Py michel.py at tsisemi.com
Mon Oct 28 01:16:26 UTC 2019

> John Curran wrote :
>  So, if by “the right to use them”, one is referring to being the one listed in the ARIN database for the address space and/or use ARIN services applicable
> to those address blocks, then that is indeed a contractual right, but it doesn’t get transferred or assigned except as the community policy states.  For
>  example, redelegation by ISPs is clearly covered by ARIN policy, so we recognize such and even provide services specifically to support same.

I wish to retract what I wrote earlier : I totally acknowledge and support ARIN's phrasing, and it was absolutely not meant as a challenge.
ARIN does not lease me the IP block I thought I "bought" on the transfer market.

What I "bought" is, by the result of a complex by-product iterations of ARIN acknowledgement that although I neither own or rent the apartment, my name is on it, I somehow expect that the community will somehow consider that my org is the one who should announce the prefix allocated / assigned to said org, and not someone else.

Is this appropriate langage ?

I am going to move the thread of transparency to arin-ppml, where it belongs.

Michel.

TSI Disclaimer:  This message and any files or text attached to it are intended only for the recipients named above and contain information that may be confidential or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not forward, copy, use or otherwise disclose this communication or the information contained herein. In the event you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this message, and then delete all copies of it from your system. Thank you!...