U.S. Senate: READI Act 2019 re-introducted

Sean Donelan sean at donelan.com
Sun Oct 27 23:46:14 UTC 2019

On Sun, 27 Oct 2019, Sean Donelan wrote:
> I do not expect Apple, Amazon or Google to do something until forced too.

The semi-joke amoung the emergency management community, if tech firm CEOs
lived in the mid-west (tornado alley) or south-east (hurricane coasts)
instead of west-coast (silicon valley & seattle), all tech products would
already support emergency alerts.

Somehow, I doubt if their recent experience with wildfires in the Bay Area
will change any tech CEOs' opinions or amazon, google, apple smart product
managers' project plans for supporting emergency alerts.

Samsung is likely the most advanced in this area, because the South Korean
government has been 'encouraging' korean firms for several years to build
emergency alert technology into their products.