Unable to email anyone from my primary domain name; thanks Google Mail and G Suite.

Damian Menscher damian at google.com
Fri Oct 25 14:52:17 UTC 2019

On Thu, Oct 24, 2019 at 5:34 AM Rich Kulawiec <rsk at gsp.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 23, 2019 at 06:18:46PM -0600, Constantine A. Murenin wrote:
> > it is revealed that Postmaster Tools cannot tell me anything at all, with
> > all tabs and screens being 100% blank, allegedly because I'm not
> actually a
> > mass email sender (I don't send hundreds of emails a day or whatnot), and
> > they're too afraid that I'll figure out why my mail doesn't actually go
> > through, instead of signing up for G Suite.
>
> There is a persistent mythos -- a worst practice, actually -- among many
> operations that obfuscating the reasons why messages are rejected is
> useful.
> This is wrong.
>
> Consider: either the sender is benign (as in this case) or they are not.
>
> If they're not benign, then either they don't care enough to acquire
> this information or they do.  If they don't care, then providing the
> information doesn't hurt, because it'll be ignored anyway.  If they do
> care, then they WILL get it, whether by conducting research or by
> breaching security or by the simpler/cheaper path of paying someone
> on the inside off.

Please post your password to nanog at .  Consider: either we're all benign, or
we're not.  And if we're not, either we're too lazy to read all the
messages to the list, or we're willing to rubber-hose the password out of
you.  Posting your password to the list is the most logical way to avoid
the hose.

You do want to avoid the hose, don't you?  ;)

Damian