Unable to email anyone from my primary domain name; thanks Google Mail and G Suite.

Mark Milhollan mlm at pixelgate.net
Thu Oct 24 20:21:12 UTC 2019

On Wednesday 2019-10-23 17:18, Constantine A. Murenin wrote:

>I use my own personal domain name for various UNIX stuff, including sending
>log-related things to myself out of cron, which end up in my own Gmail.com
>account, either directly, or through forwarding (w/o SRS).  (I do not use G
>Suite for my own domain name, for obvious reasons; just the consumer-based
>gmail.com email address from the old times of invitation-based
>registrations.)

Too bad you don't use G Suite as it allows you to notate incoming relays
where Gmail does not.  It is possible that authenticating (logging in as
you at gmail.com) would help you get them delivered to your INBOX.

>A couple of months ago, I setup some new scripts that would send me new
>nightly emails.  It's all plain text, but had a few dozen of domain names
>present (it's logs).  Absolutely no links, just plenty of domains which I
>don't control.  So, Gmail has been presenting most of these messages with
>their red warning label that the email contains malicious links, even
>though all of these emails contained zero links, zero URLs to any of these
>unknown domain names, zero URL schemes, zero "http://", zero "https://"
>etc.  You get the idea.

Many an MUA would convert the anything.knowntld (and other) strings
(some don't even check for known TLDs) into clickable links if no
adjacent URL was present so it seems that so far as Gmail is concerned
those strings are something you might eventually be able to click thus
they are URLs.

>Since about a few weeks ago, I am now seeing at least a 95% rejection rate
>for my domain name, for ALL email, including the forwards.

My experience says that: their system has learned that your system(s)
continued to send messages that their user (yes you, but they don't know
that) did not want, i.e., you left it marked as SPAM or deleted it
without reading the message, or at least not enough was noted as not
SPAM *and* read (aka displayed, and not for half a second either) so as
to influence their AI, which makes mistakes and will never correct them
if not fed correcting info.

/mark