BGP over TLS

Alain Hebert ahebert at pubnix.net
Wed Oct 23 15:17:17 UTC 2019

     I do not have much to contribute but this.

     We already have ( choose your poison(s) )

         Dark Fiber + MACsec + BCP38 + ACL + MD5 + MPLS + IRRD + GRE +
IPsec + yadi yada

         PS: Yup, I have SRX300s doing BGP over NNI -and- a GRE + IPsec
on LTE as a backup.

     What is the real endgame from the people(s) proposing "BGP over
TLS"?  It feel like someone is trying to create a job for himself over a
solution in search of a problem.

-----
Alain Hebert                                ahebert at pubnix.net
PubNIX Inc.
50 boul. St-Charles
P.O. Box 26770     Beaconsfield, Quebec     H9W 6G7