Request comment: list of IPs to block outbound

Måns Nilsson mansaxel at besserwisser.org
Wed Oct 23 04:54:24 UTC 2019

Subject: Re: Request comment: list of IPs to block outbound Date: Sun, Oct 13, 2019 at 09:24:39AM -0700 Quoting William Herrin (bill at herrin.us):

> > 100.64.0.0/10       Private network Shared address space[3] for
> >                                     communications between a service
> >                                     provider and its subscribers
> >                                     when using a carrier-grade NAT.
> >

> This space is set aside for your ISP to use. like RFC1918 but for ISPs. It
> is not specifically CGNAT. Unless you are an ISP using this space, you
> should not block destinations in this space.

I have a hard time finding text that prohibits me from running machines
on 100.64/10 addresses inside my network. It is just more RFC1918 space,
a /10 unwisely spent on stalling IPv6 deployment.

/Måns, guilty.
--
Måns Nilsson     primary/secondary/besserwisser/machina
MN-1334-RIPE           SA0XLR            +46 705 989668