Viability of GNS3 network simulation for testing features/configurations.

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Thu Oct 17 14:41:17 UTC 2019

On Thu, 17 Oct 2019 at 15:15, <adamv0025 at netconsultings.com> wrote:

> But as you can see A) and B) can easily be tested with a single DUT (or some small topology around it) using actual HW plugged in a loop with IXIA/Spirent testers.

Snake topology does conserve IXIA/Spirent ports but will not allow you
to test everything. I see no practical way of just having bunch of
IXIA/Spirent ports to verify behaviour under various types of
congestion. Unfortunately the 'bunch' is getting rather large, since
even the smallest atom of a modern networking chip may contain dozens
of 100GE ports.

--
  ++ytti