VDSL

tim at pelican.org tim at pelican.org
Thu Oct 17 08:45:35 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 16 October, 2019 19:42, "Jeff Shultz" <jeffshultz at sctcweb.com> said:

> Just like any broadband deployed by a Telco gets called "DSL" these
> days - even if it's 1G fiber. And even by those in the industry who
> should know better.

We have the opposite problem in the UK - the VDSL (FTTC) roll-out was branded as "fibre broadband", much the annoyance of pretty much everyone I know in the industry.

The chickens have come home to roost now though, as they're struggling to find a cool branding for the subsequent FTTP roll-out, and not getting any better than "full fibre", a.k.a "we lied to you last time, but this time it really is..."

Regards,
Tim.