Its hard to believe that it has been 21 years...

Rodney Joffe rjoffe at centergate.com
Thu Oct 17 02:52:11 UTC 2019

Twenty-one years ago today, Jon Postel passed away in Santa Monica, CA.

Almost all of us get to do what we do today, because of his vision, guidance, and leadership. He is one of many giants on whose shoulders we stand today (some are still active here in NANOG), but he was the compass that guided most of us.

For those of you who are too young to recognize his name, or don’t realize who that " J. Postel" is at the end of all of those RFCs you look at and quote:

https://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2468.txt

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Postel

https://www.internetsociety.org/grants-and-awards/postel-service-award/ten-year-tribute-jon-postel/

/rlj