Best components for a full mvno core network?

Dario Renaud dario.renaud at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 14:19:22 UTC 2019

Hello,

At my day job, we are considering going Full MVNO. Which means building a
mobile core network.

I was wondering if some of you would have feedback or advices on the
solutions currently available?

We would like to avoid the big providers (Ericsson & such).
Ideally, something opensource, or, if proprietary, a company maybe willing
to license access to the code (one can dream).

There seems to be a lot of bits and pieces available out there, with a mix
of full, fullish or partial solutions. This makes for quite the puzzle.

Among the ones I found most interesting:

nextEPC, covering, well, the EPC… (https://github.com/nextepc/nextepc). It
looks like the more active open EPC implementation out there.

And it seems that Yate people have a commercial product covering basically
everything needed (
https://yatebts.com/solutions_and_technology/mobile_virtual_network_operator/).

What do you think?

Regards