Comcast outages continue even in areas with PG&E power restored

Matt Hoppes mattlists at rivervalleyinternet.net
Tue Oct 15 13:42:23 UTC 2019

I disagree with the statement that providers should not be required to
backup their networks.... while I don't think it should be an FCC
requirement, I do believe the providers have an obligation to do that.

That's one of the reasons we generally opt for larger node sizes.  Yes,
it does cut down on the total bandwidth you can push out to end users,
but in a disaster its much faster to recover as well as provide backup
power that is up 24x7 vs hundreds of little nodes.