California public safety power shutdowns

Ethan O'Toole telmnstr at 757.org
Fri Oct 11 15:01:14 UTC 2019

> request went all the way to the Court.  The reason for access?  They ran
> the electronics on bottled propane (NOT mains power AC) and they needed
> to swap full tanks for the empties.  This was several months into my
> stint on that site.
> Not all generators run on diesel, I learned.

You can drive a gasoline generator with natural gas and propane, there is
just less energy so it takes more of those fuels to get the same energy
output.

There are also fuel cells that take LPG.

Was this a really tiny microcell? I wouldn't think they could run for
months on bottled LPG if there is any kind of real load at the site.

 				- Ethan