Cogent & FDCServers: Knowingly aiding and abetting fraud and theft?

Daniel Seagraves dseagrav at humancapitaldev.com
Fri Oct 11 14:16:19 UTC 2019

> On Oct 11, 2019, at 6:28 AM, Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer at nic.fr> wrote:
>
> I nitpick, but "never transferred the block" is not the same thing as
> "never authorized Cogent to announce it”.

This should not be just a “nitpick". AT&T announces our extremely legacy ARIN allocation for us because we do not qualify to have an ASN, but I absolutely did not, will not, and *have actively resisted attempts to* transfer the block to them. I would sooner have my gums tattooed than give up my address space. Having an ASN was not a requirement when we were allocated the resource, and I don’t see why we should be punished for being early adopters.