Graphical databases ?

Yan Filyurin yanf787 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 11 14:12:40 UTC 2019

I am also in the process of consideration, but there are people out there who did a lot more more.

https://github.com/corestate55/netomox <https://github.com/corestate55/netomox>

Some ideas could be borrowed. And the use of RFC8345 is very interesting because it is hopefully an evolving standard.  If only someone could do something similar with Openconfig models.

With that being said there are all kinds of other database alternatives.  I can think of several other graph databases and I even heard of people using MongoDB as graph database.

There are also tools like Gephi that are more in line as graphical tools as opposed to graph databases.  So it is a matter of finding the right frontend and with the right graph database backend.

There was some experimentation with Cytoscape and and the idea was not necessarily to keep inventory, but be able to simulate dependencies and do analysis like indirect impacts.

It does not directly answer the question, but hopefully gives some ideas.

Yan