California public safety power shutdowns

Sean Donelan sean at donelan.com
Thu Oct 10 22:47:53 UTC 2019

AT&T statement:

Like all PG&E customers, we are also affected by this power shutdown.
Overall our network continues to perform well and is operating at more
than 97% of normal. We are aware that service for some customers may be
affected by this event and are working as quickly as possible to deploy
additional generators and recovery equipment. We appreciate our customer’s
patience.

T-Mobile statement:

The T-Mobile network is holding up well during the ongoing PG&E and SCE
safety power shut offs in California. We are seeing a small number of
sites down in some of the areas affected by the power shut off.

Our response teams are working to get sites back up and running as quickly
as possible. We understand that service disruptions are an inconvenience
to our customers and we appreciate their patience during this event.

Verizon:

Verizon spokeswoman Jeannine Brew Braggs said the company can serve
customers "indefinitely" until commercial power is restored. She
attributed that to the generators and backup batteries on-site at the
majority of its cell towers and other locations. Brew Braggs said the
company can refuel the generators to keep them running.

I'm still looking for statements from Sprint and US Cellular.