IPv6 Pain Experiment

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Wed Oct 9 18:28:57 UTC 2019

>> You’re selecting a very limited subset of ICMP that happens to
>> contain a portion of a packet that happens to contain a port
>> number (or two).
>
> It is merely that you don't understand ICMP at all.

Really, it’s not, but I know you like to feel smug and superior, so enjoy that.

> See above. The context is TCP.

Now there is no context. Previously, there was both a UDP and TCP context
and you only addressed TCP as if UDP was irrelevant.

> You don't understand UDP, either, at all.

Actually, I understand it quite well.

>>> That's very elementary explanations on ICMP and UDP.
>> Yes, thanks for yet another condescending comment proving that
>> you completely missed the point of my post. It's always a pleasure.
>
> You should really feel indebted to me because it's not a pleasure
> for me to answer questions having no valid points.

Rest assured that I will not feel slighted in any way if you were to
stop doing so. Please feel free to stop at any time.

Owen