IPv6 Pain Experiment

Valdis Kl=?utf-8?Q?=c4=93?=tnieks valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu
Wed Oct 9 18:12:23 UTC 2019

On Wed, 09 Oct 2019 18:51:12 +0900, Masataka Ohta said:
> Owen DeLong wrote:

> > Yes, thanks for yet another condescending comment proving that
> > you completely missed the point of my post. It's always a pleasure.

> You should really feel indebted to me because it's not a pleasure
> for me to answer questions having no valid points.

Of course, if you missed the point, by definition you won't find any valid points.

And yes, you *did* totally miss Owen's point, which was that not all ICMP
packets contain port information.  As another data point, enough IP options
will push some or all of TCP or UDP header information out of the returned
data.