IPv6 Pain Experiment

bzs at theworld.com bzs at theworld.com
Tue Oct 8 18:00:14 UTC 2019

On October 8, 2019 at 03:00 michel.py at tsisemi.com (Michel Py) wrote:
 > > Owen DeLong wrote :
 > > Well… I don’t run into this very often any more, but I guess if you have a poorly run DNS environment, it might be more of an issue.
 >
 > About half of my devices, including all the VOIP phones, do not have DNS. I just cannot afford to lose the phones if there is a DNS failure. They have DHCP, but not DNS.

Considering the audience here configuration, maintenance, and repair
might involve entering numeric IP addresses.

Not the average user? I don't know, define average, how many tens of
millions of sites out there have more than just edge routers? How many
have adequate educational and reference materials in their native
language? etc.

--
        -Barry Shein