IPv6 Pain Experiment

Michel Py michel.py at tsisemi.com
Mon Oct 7 22:32:46 UTC 2019

>> Michel Py wrote :
>> When did you write this ? I read it before, just can't remember how long ago.

> William Herrin wrote :
> 2007. Half of IPv6's lifetime ago. It came out of an ARIN PPML thread titled "The myth of IPv6-IPv4 interoperation."
> On one side of the argument, folks saying that the need to manage two configurations impairs IPv6's deployment.
> On the other, an individual  whose thesis was the IPv6 could not have been designed to be backwards compatible
> with IPv4 in a way that required no new configuration, just incremental, backward-compatible software upgrades.

Why did you choose this route, instead of encapsulating the packet with the extended address into an IPv4 packet ?

Michel.

TSI Disclaimer:  This message and any files or text attached to it are intended only for the recipients named above and contain information that may be confidential or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not forward, copy, use or otherwise disclose this communication or the information contained herein. In the event you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this message, and then delete all copies of it from your system. Thank you!...