dns cache beyond ttl - viasat / exede

Sabri Berisha sabri at cluecentral.net
Mon Oct 7 17:19:44 UTC 2019

Hi Mike,

The UT uses a combination of caching, prefetching, and spoofing to accelerate web traffic for users. On the terrestrial side, there is a cluster of accelerators that also take part in that process.

What is the "lag" time that you have observed? Also, do you know if your clients are on the Viasat-1 or Viasat-2 satellite? The infrastructure behind both satellites differs significantly.

I used to work for Viasat and have forwarded your mail to a few of my former colleagues.

Thanks,

Sabri