"Using Cloud Resources to Dramatically Improve Internet Routing"

Clayton Zekelman clayton at MNSi.Net
Mon Oct 7 15:24:32 UTC 2019

>He adds that while communication by servers on
>the ground might take hundreds of milliseconds,
>in the cloud the same operation may take only
>one millisecond from one machine to another.
>“It’s orders of magnitude faster, and in the
>cloud we can easily afford more bandwidth
>resources, too. The photons have less distance
>to travel in the cloud than on the ground. All
>these factors make outsourcing the
>decision-making to the cloud more advantageous.”
>The researchers say this new approach of
>enabling interdomain routing as a service is “a
>radically different approach compared to today’s practice.”

I think this would work if you re-route the
plasma conduits on deck 23 to the output of the main deflector dish.

--

Clayton Zekelman
Managed Network Systems Inc. (MNSi)

tel. 519-985-8410