IPv6 Pain Experiment

Valdis Kl=?utf-8?Q?=c4=93?=tnieks valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu
Mon Oct 7 11:37:59 UTC 2019

On Mon, 07 Oct 2019 03:03:45 -0400, Rob McEwen said:
> Likewise for spam filtering - spam filtering would be knocked back to
> the stone ages if IPv4 disappeared overnight. IPv6 is a spam sender's
> dream come true, since IPv6 DNSBLs are practically worthless.

Riddle me this:  Why then have spammers not abandoned IPv4 and moved to
IPv6 where we're totally powerless to stop their floods of spam?

I'm tired of hearing the excuse "We can't move to IPv6 because then we couldn't
stop the spam" - if that were true, then every organization that *has* moved
to IPv6 would be drowning in spam.