IPv6 Pain Experiment

Matt Palmer mpalmer at hezmatt.org
Thu Oct 3 23:34:03 UTC 2019

On Thu, Oct 03, 2019 at 03:20:50PM +0000, Naslund, Steve wrote:
> Can you imagine keeping those v6 addresses in your head the same way?

I don't have to imagine, I do it on a daily basis.  Doesn't seem to cause me
any grief.

In my experience, IPv4 addresses which need to be used directly on a regular
basis tend to follow certain patterns or rules of thumb ("default gateway is
on the (first|last) address in the range", for instance), and the same thing
tends to happen with similarly situated IPv6 addresses.

- Matt